A nationwide sleep out to end homelessness in Scotland for good.
4 Cities. One night. 12,000 people under the stars.
Saturday 8th December, 2018
Last year 8,000 people joined the world’s largest sleep out in Princes St Gardens to raise £4 Million and call for an end to homelessness in Scotland. This has caused a sea change in the fight against homelessness and funded a raft of major projects. Now we want to keep up the momentum and we are asking 12,000 people across 4 cities to join us in a nationwide sleep out on Saturday 8th of December.
By raising money and working together we can accelerate the pace of change in Scotland and create the political mandate to end homelessness here. We want to make Scotland an example for the whole world to follow. We’re a small country. A nation of innovators. The statistics of homelessness in Scotland are not insurmountable.
We can do this. We just need you.
Amy Macdonald and KT Tunstall will be travelling by helicopter to perform 4 cities in 1 night.
Aircraft and flight services provided by Andrew and Yvonne Devlin of Curtis Moore Group, and all airports have agreed to wave their landing fees.
Many more acts to be announced
Josh Littlejohn MBE
Thank You Dinner
Surprise Keynote Speaker
Where’s my nearest event?
Fundraising makes it possible
By joining our sleepout you will be joining a collaborative movement of the third sector, the private sector and The Scottish Government to tackle one of society's most pressing issues.You can join as an individual or as a business - all you have to do is make a minimum fundraising commitment.
So Far We've Raised£66,800
Our Fundraising Goal£4,000,000
If you cannot participate in the sleepout,
you can still support by pledging a small monthly donation.
Pledged so far4
Last Year's Results
- A program for 800 rough sleepers, across 4 cities, to be brought off the street into mainstream housing - in the largest program of its kind in the UK. Read more about our Housing First program.
- Hundreds of thousands of pounds being distributed to support a range of charities working with homeless people throughout Scotland. See the charities that have benefited.
- A village being built in Edinburgh to pioneer alternative accommodation models. Read more about the Social Bite Village.
- Engagement with the Scottish Government Action Group on Homelessness and Rough Sleeping.
- 3 major academic studies to give a road map to end homelessness in Scotland. Read our three major academic studies.
- Expanding the capacity of the Edinburgh Winter Night shelter to ensure that noone was forced to sleep rough due to no enough space. Read more about this funding package.
- Supporting Social Bite’s core work including employment programs for homeless people in 3 cities and distributing over 100,000 items of food and hot drinks
How your Donations Help
Supporting Social Bite's Employment and Food Programs
Accommodation and Housing Solutions
A Nationwide 'Housing First' Program
Preventing Homelessness - Helping Care-Leavers and Prison-Leavers
What are you campaigning for?
By sleeping out you are also creating a strong mandate for political action. Our Key Campaigning Messages to local and national government are:
- • Rapidly-Rehouse Rough Sleepers with Support
- • Prevent homelessness from Prison, Care and NHS
- • Long Term Funding for 'Housing First'
- • End Homelessness in Scotland. For Good.
This year Social Bite are inviting 12,000 people to Sleep Out across 4 cities on the night of 8th December with a mission to eradicate homelessness in Scotland for good.
Sign Up Now